Pre written eccentricity function

Hi,

I am curious if there is a prewritten function for eccentricity? I have written my own but I am curious if there is a built-in one?

thanks

OS (e.g. Win10): mac sierra
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2020.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: built from scratch

Can you explain more what you mean? “Eccentricity” is a generic term.

degree of visual angle, based on screen width and estimated user position from screen.

it’s fine if you don’t. I just thought it might already be there.

Yes, there are many functions like this in PsychoPy’s misc module:

e.g. pix2deg():

Note that these functions can take into account a correction for the fact that the screen is flat, rather than an arc of circle. i.e. Each degree of visual angle will correspond to a larger number of pixels with growing eccentricity if you specify correctFlat=True. Otherwise, one degree corresponds to a constant number of pixels across the screen (the value calculated at the centre of the screen). This is not strictly true but is a simplification for most people other than eye movement types, who care about actual eye rotations to a given stimulus.

For those functions to work, you need to provide a monitor object, set up with the appropriate size and distance.

psychopy.tools.* and monitor object will not work when moving this online .they will require one to import psychopy. I have written out my own computation but i am curious if these functions are somehow available in psychoJS.