Point system and monetary rewards

Hi there,

In my experiment, I have a credit system. In each experimental trial, participants will either earn or lose a certain amount of points depending on the accuracy of one of their responses. I want this credit system to correspond to monetary rewards.

I have effectively implemented this credit system. I have one variable that keeps track of the points earned or lost on a trial-by-trial basis, and another variable that keeps track of the overall accumulated points. At the end of the experiment, I present to participants the total amount of points they have gained. I also want to present to participants, depending on their overall point score, how much this point value is in money.

The entire range of possible points is 0 - 2600. As such, I have split the points into 40 categories of point ranges and corresponding monetary rewards, e.g., if a participant has a point value that falls within a range of 1 - 65 points, this would correspond to a monetary reward of £0.20. If a participant has a point value that falls within the 2536 - 2600 range, then this would correspond to a monetary reward of £4. So, there are 40 possible monetary rewards/values, depending on how many points a participant has at the end of the experiment.

My question is: how can I implement this where I define these 40 categories of points along with their corresponding monetary values?

Thanks in advance, and I hope this makes sense!

Christina

How about something like

reward = .1 + (Math.floor(points/66))/10