Pictures appear on top of video instead of after the video

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win 11

PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2.4

**Standard Standalone? (y/n) yes

**What are you trying to achieve?:slight_smile:

What did you try to make it work?:

I am trying to play a movie and afterwards to show two pictures next to each other.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

The pictures should appear after the video, but the appear on top of the move. This happens regardless what I enter to the start point of the pictures, I tried:

$movie_1.status==FINISHED
I gave it the actual length, which is 5sec, I gave it also 6,7 and 8 sec start time, it still appear on top of the video.
And I guess more, but I don’t recall all the options

If I enter a duration time (I tied all options time, frames etc…) for the video, it works, but crashes after the routine and does NOT continue to the next routine. (And it drives me crazy).

I get the error message: Error RuntimeError: Cannot close stream, not opened yet

For this I found one entry in the forum, the problem is slightly different, but I tried it nevertheless with the solution there, which is:

if t > stim_dur:

continueRoutine = False

Before I defined stim_dur as the length of the video, but then the routine finishes after the video and my picture do not appear at all.

The routine includes the video, the two pictures, a text element and a key_response element (see pic). (I also already deleted the key_response because I wondered, if the key_response makes the video stay till a key is pressed, but the pictures still appear above the video. )

I am thankfull for any advice, I am new to Psychopy…

I played around a litte bit more and, figured out that it depends on the length of the video I enter, if the code crashes or not. However, it either showes the pictures on top of the video or it crashes. In no case the video disappears before the pictures show up.

grafik