Not recording participant responses

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me! In my experiment I have participants reading a paragraph of text, and then at certain time points (e.g., 30 seconds later, 15 seconds later) a question pops up on the screen, which they have to respond to (by pressing 1, 2 or 3) and then once they do respond, they are taken back to the original paragraph they were reading.

So far, I have edited the code to allow the question to pop up on its own (without the paragraph text being displayed at the same time) and then to take participants back to the original reading paragraph following their response.

However, when I trial my experiment and look at the data that downloads in excel, it is no longer recording the actual response key from the pop up questions, it just says “None” in the excel file for the question.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the fact that I have the responses from the questions set up to return them back to the original paragraph, and maybe I need to edit the code so that it not only takes them back to the original text, but also records what they press as well.

Can anyone shed any light on how to overcome this please?

If you’re using custom code for this then please include the relevant snippets. It’s impossible for us to know what might have gone wrong without seeing how you’ve written the code.

Then again please don’t post several hundred lines of script because nobody will have time to read it. Find out about how to create a “minimal working example” that you can show us

thanks