Need help with this error in the loop

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Mac
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to insert an outer loop to randomize blocks of my stimuli. My condition file is this.
condsFile.xlsx (8.6 KB)

and when I run my experiment, I keep getting this message “UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘trialList’ referenced before assignment”

This is my experiment file.
SeoulKr_stopC_psychopy_image_button.psyexp (241.1 KB)

What did you try to make it work?:
I tried

• converting to .csv and .xlsx.
  • recreating and saving the condition file.
  • removing space in cells

Please help me with me. I don’t know what’s the problem here.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information

Hi @eunjin.ly,

Based on the error message, part of the experiment is not able to access some loop information (trialList) correctly. There are a lot of loops in the experiment, so I can’t tell if one or all are experiencing the problem. When there are problems with loops, there are a couple things I like to check:

• Are components which should change every trial are set to “update on repeat” instead of “constant”?
  • Online-only: you might need to manually specify the multiple conditions files in ‘Additional Resources’

If there are still issues after that, a more complete error message with the line numbers might help narrow down which loop is currently running into problems.

-shabkr

Thank you so much. I added all the files (audio, images and condition files) to ‘Additional Recourses’, and it worked!

1 Like