Microphone Recording Error

PsychoPy version: 2020.1.3
**Standard Standalone? Yes
**What are you trying to achieve?: I want to record sound with a microphone during a specific part of the task’s trials.

**What did you try to make it work?: I inserted a microphone component into the task.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The experiment crashes and I get this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\josie\OneDrive\Documents\Uni Stuff\jSkills\Psychopy\mic test_lastrun.py”, line 18, in
from psychopy import sound, gui, visual, core, data, event, logging, clock, microphone
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\sound_init_.py”, line 157, in
elif dev not in backend.getDevices(kind=‘output’):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\sound\backend_pyo.py”, line 135, in getDevices
inputs, outputs = get_devices_infos()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\sound\backend_pyo.py”, line 93, in get_devices_infos
devices = _query_devices()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\sound\backend_pyo.py”, line 86, in _query_devices
info[v.strip().split(": “)[0]] = v.strip().split(”: ")[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

Experiment ended.

I know some others have had this issue for a while, and that it has something to do with this version of psychopy not talking properly with the device’s sound inputs. Is there any way to fix this?

Hello, I have the same problem… Did you find a way to fix this? Thank you!

No solutions yet :frowning: