Looking for a consultant or programmer to get experiment online

Hi there,

I’ve built an experiment in builder view which works fine offline. It’s a very basic experiment: see a word, rate it on 7-point scale, press return to finalise the response => next trial. The experiment has a practice phase and a main phase, with built in breaks after X trials for the latter. All of that works.

I’ve tried to run it online in several versions and usually fail at some point to get it working. I’m ok with builder view but not a very good programmer. I had set up the experiment to randomly allocate people to a counterbalanced order at run time, but took this code out because it was causing issues when running it in a browser in javascript. I couldn’t find a way of getting it working.

I’ve recently updated to using the slider component rather than rating scale as the latter wouldn’t work online. My practice phase works (online) but shows one word then no further words are displayed on subsequent trials. There appears to be an issue with defining variables I think, but I’m not a good programmer so can’t really figure this out quickly.

I need help fixing several things to get it working online if possible:

1. Counterbalancing - at run time Ss should be allocated to 1 of 3 different presentation orders (for the experimental phase). There are 3 blocks of XX words. After each block there is a pause before starting again when participants are ready. Fairly standard stuff I took from the book on Psychopy and the data files are set up in Excel. However, this only works currently by manually choosing the order at runtime.

2. A random participant code that is generated at runtime, with some fixed characters and some random numbers. This is the code participants will need to enter in my exit questionnaire in Google Forms. At any rate, I need some kind of alpha-numeric string that participants see at the end and can enter into my exit questionnaire (I need some way of managing participant payments, so thought this was the best way to keep things anonymous).

3. Currently, Ss can just click return on the slider without making a response, which isn’t ideal at all. Also, you can select anywhere on the slider to make a rating and I would prefer whole numbers or major ticks marks only (not sure if this is possible).

4. I will need to pilot the study and also will run future studies using the same infrastructure but with different instructions at a future date.

I’ve set up the VESPR Study Portal with my PI sheet and experiment information. I don’t have access to a paid version of qualtrics so this should work for me. I think I can easily link to my exit questionnaire so that participants click on this upon study completion.

Please contact me if you think you could help and let me know your fee for this project.

Best wishes,

Benjamin Clarke

Hi Benjamin,

If you want support directly from the PsychoPy team you can contact us at consultancy@opensciencetools.org

Thanks!
Becca

Hi Benjamin,
I know I am late to the party, but if you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am an experienced Psychopy consultant and what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

Thanks, sorry for the late reply.

I found someone a while back who managed to help.

Best wishes,

Ben