Keyboard Component on Touchscreen Devices

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 11 Pro
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2023.1.2
Standard Standalone? : Y
What are you trying to achieve?:

I have created an experiment on PsychoPy builder where each question uses a keyboard response component.

I have plans to recruit participants with the request that they do the experiment on laptops or computers, because I have not been able to make the keyboard component work on touchscreen phones.

I would prefer if participants could also do the experiment on touchscreen devices e.g., phones but I have not been able to pilot it on Pavlovia so that the keyboard appears for the keyboard response component.

Is there a way for the keyboard to appear on phones during Pavlovia experiments?

The keyboard can appear if you use an embedded Pavlovia Survey. Would that help?

If you want single key responses then have a look at my Online Demos which include a digit span with an on screen numeric keypad and a Stroop with an on-screen colour pad.

By embedded, do you mean if I embed the link to the Pavlovia experiment into e.g., a Qualtrics form, it will allow participants to use their keypad during the Pavlovia experiment on their touchscreen phones?

Have a look at Survey Test in my online demos

The only keyboard response is if you click yes to “Is this a question?”

https://run.pavlovia.org/vespr/survey-test/

I’m specifically talking about embedded Pavlovia Surveys. For Qualtrics you would need to daisy chain.