Issue with Sound Stimuli Not Playing in Second Loop of Randomized Trial

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS: 14.3.1 (23D60)
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 23.2.3

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am conducting an experiment where I need to present participants with two sound stimuli in a randomized loop. Each sound file is a .wav file with a sample rate of 44100 Hz. In the first iteration of the loop, both sound stimuli play correctly. However, in the second iteration of the same loop, both sounds are unexpectedly muted — no sound is played at all.

What did you try to make it work?:

1. Checking Sound Files: Confirmed that the sound files are not corrupted and play normally outside of PsychoPy.
  2. Loop Configuration: The loop is set to randomize the order of sound stimuli presentation. Each sound stimulus is supposed to play once per loop iteration.
  3. Sound Settings: I’ve ensured that the sound files are correctly referenced in the loop and that their properties (e.g., volume) are set consistently across trials.

Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

Try setting the start time of the sound as 0.5 seconds or add an ISI (in a fixation routine) and set the sound during it.

Thanks for the response. However both suggestion does not solve my issue

I also tried the delete self.sound, however, my python version is 3.8 where I did not find self.sound code inside

Were you checking that you were seeing the latest version (by Ctrl-Shift-R in Chrome or an Incognito tab)?

I am not sure how this solution might work. I solved this issue by change the psychopy version to 2022.2.4, and this issue is solved. Thanks for your advice!