Imagestim(contains)?

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): OS 10.14.2
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): V3.0.0b12
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Do not know
What are you trying to achieve?:
I would like to know if there is a way to code/build an experiment where PsychoPy when it is recording the participant’s response can tell me if it was correct or incorrect based on the area clicked on the screen. See the picture below. I would like to build/code the image on the back end so that PsychoPy knows that if the participant clicks certain images within the image it codes it in data as correct or incorrect. For this example if the participant clicked on the bear it is wrong and if the participant clicks on the basketball it is correct and this would record it accordingly in the data file.

Is something like this possible? I haven’t been able to find what to even use while I have been building my experiment in PsychoPy.

What did you try to make it work?:
I’ve not tried to make it work since I don’t even know where to start/look for what I need.

The PsychoPy textbook contains a chapter on implementing a visual search task in Builder:

Otherwise, there are existing similar questions here. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. We do have that book and it has been very helpful. However, I am still at a loss around how to define the clickable stimuli. Does this mean in my conditions file, I have a column that defines what is clickable in each image? (Do I do that with coordinates? Or can I assign letters to each shelf in the image and tell PsychoPy which shelf object is clickable?)

I hope I am making sense since there could be up to 3 clickable targets in some images. We are hoping to run this program on computers in our lab and potentially remotely (where we will not have control over the size of the screen).

To give a sensible answer, you need to explain your task, and describe your stimuli and clickable regions to us in detail, ideally with example images. Think “what would a person understand about my issue, knowing nothing other than what I have provided here.

Hello all,

I am looking for help with understanding how to implement the clickable stimuli part of the mouse properties for our study. We have the PsychoPy book and it has been helpful but we are still struggling how to build the following into our study. I am new to coding but willing to learn.

The participant task will consist of many images much like the one inserted below. Each time a new image similar to the one below shows up they will be given directions as to which target they need to move from one cubbie hole to the next. We do not want all the targets to be clickable. We only want a few of them at one time to be able to be clickable. In the picture below, say we wanted the the sun and the hat to be clickable but not the others. The following image would have different targets that would be clickable. How do you build this into the coder window? Or in the builder window? Or is it something I put into the conditions file? The book has clear directions for the clickable issue when you are building the targets using their shapes but not super clear on how to make an uploaded image clickable.

OR is there some way in the builder/coder view to do the following, where the participants don’t see the letters but on the backend each cubbie hole has been assigned a letter of the alphabet? I image this would make identifying the what is clickable easier. See the picture below:

Thanks for your help everyone!