Html file doesnt have javascript

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/Negch/negch99/html

Description of the problem: Please help me in that way, my HTML file doesn’t include javascript so I cannot initiate the project. Can anyone help me on that ?

Hi negin,

Could you share the gitlab project so that I can take a look?

Best, Thomas

Sure, but how can I share it?

In your project, on the left side, pick “Settings”, then expand “Permissions”. Easiest way is setting visibility to public, then save. Everyone can see your code then, but you can close it up again once the issue is resolved.

NB - My next reply will be a bit slower; got a couple of meetings now

Thank you so much and I did it

Hi Thomas
Did you have time to take a look at my experiment?
Best
Negin

Hi Negin,

I just took a look. When clicking the button for running the study on Pavlovia I got this error message in the PsychoPy builder. Do you also get such an error message?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1240, in onPavloviaRun
    self.fileExport(htmlPath=self._getHtmlPath(self.filename))
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 719, in fileExport
    target="PsychoJS")
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 73, in generateScript
    compileScript(infile=exp, version=None, outfile=filename)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 242, in compileScript
    _makeTarget(thisExp, outfile, targetOutput)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\scripts\psyexpCompile.py", line 214, in _makeTarget
    script = thisExp.writeScript(outfile, target=targetOutput, modular=True)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\_experiment.py", line 251, in writeScript
    self_copy._currentRoutine.writeRoutineBeginCodeJS(script, modular)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\routine.py", line 277, in writeRoutineBeginCodeJS
    thisCompon.writeRoutineStartCodeJS(buff)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 202, in writeRoutineStartCodeJS
    self.writeParamUpdatesJS(buff, 'set every repeat')
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 405, in writeParamUpdatesJS
    target="PsychoJS")
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 399, in writeParamUpdates
    target=target)
  File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\experiment\components\_base.py", line 435, in writeParamUpdate
    valStr = str(val).strip()
TypeError: __str__ returned non-string (type NoneType)

Thanks Thomas
But for me nothing happen there

OK. Given that I got an error message, I’m quite sure the issue is with the PsychoPy Builder instead of PsychoJS. I recommend reposting your question in the builder category. They will probably want to know which version of the builder you are running, so for quick support, upgrade to the newest version and report your builder version together with your question. If you still don’t get any error messages, you can link to this thread for reference.

Ok sure . I will do that. Thanks alot

Good luck squashing that bug!