Html export fails, crashing psychopy

URL of experiment: Can’t be created - can’t make html so can’t upload to Pavlovia …

Description of the problem: Experiment runs fine from Builder. Upon ‘Export to html’, the PC memory is entirely taken up, a minute later the interface goes grey and a further minutes later a greyed error box appears, entitled ‘PsychoPy3 Error (Not Responding) PsychoPy encounterd an unhandled internal error! Please send the report under ‘Details’’, etc. However the interface is indeed unresponsive. The most recent and only visible traceback error refers to _base.py, line writeParamUpdate … TypeError: __str__returned non-string (type NoneType) …’

I have tried to export the same in Linux, and it goes into a similar state except the greyed out error box never appears.

Looks pretty grim, sorry, but any help would be great.

Could it be because conversion to html cannot accomodate random selection of range of rows from file, as in $random(20)*39 ?

Hmmm… that might well be. Does it work if you replace that statement by something else?

PS - Might be useful to repost your question in the builder category

Thanks thomas_pronk, a parred down version with the ‘Selected Rows’ left empty does export to index.html, if that’s what you mean. When you say ‘repost to builder’, do you mean opening a new entry and copy-pasting, or is there a clever way of forwarding or tagging this? By the way, Merry Christmas!

Ciaro! Yeah, then I’m afraid we’ll need a different trick for selecting those rows. Maybe this demo could help? https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/tpronk/demo_dynamic_loops/

For changing the category. Well guess we got it covered here, so never mind that :slight_smile:

Hi Thomas, thanks for this - I downloaded this demo - it won’t run, it fails with message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\mmpsy\Nextcloud\MM\OnlineWork\PsychoPyMM\PsychoPy3 Demos\demo_dynamic_loops-master\demo_dynamic_loops_lastrun.py”, line 93, in
text=expInfo.participant,
AttributeError: ‘dict’ object has no attribute ‘participant’

Experiment ended.

The demo I shared I only tested for online studies. Do you want to run your study online or offline?

Thanks … Ideally, I would like to develop it off-line and then upload the files for online use? Wouldn’t that make sense? I suppose I want to understand how what you shared works, primarily, so that I can use it flexibly, either on or off line.

That makes perfect sense :). Let me ask around next week how to best do this offline.

1 Like