psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

How to stop randomized order of Experiment Info fields

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

Python Version: Python 3.5.2
PsychoPy version : PsychoPy 3.0.7.
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:y
What are you trying to achieve?:

The order of the “Experiment Info” text fields become randomized every time the experiment is run online. For instance, if I name the Experiment Info text fields is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 within the Basic tab of the Experiment Settings dialog box, the text fields may appear as 2,4,5,1,3 when I run the experiment online. This is an issue for me because I have some follow up questions, such as “Do you perform on your instrument?,” “If so, how often do you perform?”

Previously, this was happening both offline and online. Initially, when I ran the experiment locally on my computer it would also randomize the Experiment Info fields every time I ran it. However, I found that, for some reason, as long as the Data filename did not integrate any of the information from the Experiment info fields into its title (e.g. ‘participant name’), then it works correctly. In other words, as long as the data output file title did not use text provided by the participant in the Experiment Info dialog box, then it orders the fields consistently every time, by numerical or alphabetical order.

This is how the Experiment Info fields appear while running my experiment locally:

This is how it looks online:

Strangely, after I save the fields numerically (1-5) in the Experiment Info dialog box they look randomized when I open the dialog box again but in a different random order than what appears online. I was going to attach a screenshot of this but discourse only allows two photo uploads for new users.

The only error messages I see in the output of the Coder view immediately when I run the experiment and every time I load the experiment is the following:

4.0116 WARNING Parameter ‘Completion URL’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.

4.0120 WARNING Parameter ‘OSF Project ID’ is not known to this version of PsychoPy but has come from your experiment file (saved by a future version of PsychoPy?). This experiment may not run correctly in the current version.

Does anyone have solutions for this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.