How to set fraction as stimuli

Hello,

I am creating a new experiment where I would like to present a fraction equation to the participant. I am having some trouble with setting up the fraction stimuli in excel. I am hoping to not present the fraction as “5/2” but in the form of “⁵⁄₂”. I have tried to type ⁵⁄₂ in the excel but when I run the experiment, the number was not displayed fully(see picture). I am not sure what I could’ve done now. Please let me know if there is any way I could’ve fixed this issue. Thank you! IMG_1578|666x500

I’ve been meaning to ask about a related problem for years, but never got round to it. I often get the impression that the very bottom of my text is cut off.

For your fraction, you could create one using two separate text components and a line.

1 Like

We’ve often had reports of similar issues affecting Chinese characters, where the solution has usually been to test with other fonts.

Another option could be to put a newline character before and after your fraction, to try to force a blank line above and below it, ie \n ⁵⁄₂ \n

2 Likes