How to remove "Slider markerPos" from datafiles?

Dear all!

OS (e.g. Win10):
Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x):
v2021.2.3

What are you trying to achieve?:
I would like to remove the “slider: markerPos” from the saved datafiles. I am only interested in the last rating (slider: rating) they left before they continued to the next rating task. Can’t find an answer to my question anywhere. Maybe it is super easy. I’m sorry to say I have no coding experience. If it is possible to solve my probblem without code that would be very much appreciated!

markerpos|690x341

What did you try to make it work?:
I blindly tried checking and unchecking boxes in builder.

Hi There,

It looks like you are looking at the log files (which will store fine grained information you might not need) - you should also have a csv file stored that should have the main measure that you are interested in - are you able to find that?

Thanks,
Becca

Thank you for answering!
I do find the csv file, but when i open it, it looks like this (attachment).
I assume there must be something I can do to make the file interpretable. I have 132 slider questions in my test, and i need to know every participants answer to each of them. What can i do?

I greatly appreciate your help!
Gregory

Hi Gregory,

Looks like you need tochange the delimiter settings in excel. Can you try opening excel first, then import the csv but make sure to use commas a delimiters. Once you have that open search for “slider.rating” (where slider corresponds to the name of your slider - and you should see the ratings.

Thanks,
Becca

THANK YOU Becca!