How to ensure that subsequent routines inherit the measurements from the virtual chinrest?

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.1.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:

I would just like to ask a brief question about the virtual chinrest. I have a complete study in the Builder, how do I go about adding this JavaScript code to the beginning of my experiment? I cannot even open the JavaScript file, because it comes up with a JavaScript compilation error. Is there anything else I have to do to make sure that the rest of the study inherits the measurements of the credit card?

Apologies if I have missed something in the crib sheet

You should probably be downloading the psyexp file and copying the routine(s) from one experiment to the other, not opening JavaScript code.

Are you referring to my screen scale experiment or something else called virtual chinrest?

Yes I mean your screen scaling experiment with a credit card. I think I must’ve initially downloaded the wrong thing, because I have found the correct one which has a standard build a file inside. If I copy the routines to the beginning of mine, is that all there is to it? Or do I have to do something else to make sure that the measurements of the credit card I inherited by all subsequent components and routines in my study? Thank you for your patience!

In subsequent routines you multiply the desired positions and sizes in cm by x_scale and y_scale (I think those are the names of the variables).

Have a look at the routine that displays the square to see how.

I have had a look and that seems great. But, I’ve been using norm units instead of cm? Does it still work in the same way, or should I switch to centimetres first?

I think you might be missing the point of screen scale.

You can’t use cm as units online so it allows you to decide sizes of your stimuli in cm while using height, norm or pixel units.