How can I shuffle two routines in Psychopy Builder?

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win7
PsychoPy version: 3.0.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Y If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?: I have two routines that make up 1 block with slightly different parameters (different colored rectangles behind the images), but I want to shuffle those two routines so that they mix the two inputs together within the block and have really struggled with this.

What did you try to make it work?:. I tried to set a larger loop around the two routines which did not shuffle them and I can’t put them in the same routine because the fixation crosses are jittered at different times so I wouldn’t know when to set the start time of the image with a different background (those in routine 2)

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: I just still presented routine 1 and 2 sequentially not shuffled

It is very likely that this can be resolved (ideally with just one routine, in which the stimuli are controlled).

But we can’t tell you how without you giving us more information. e.g. what exactly do you mean by each and all of these statements:

• “I have two routines that make up 1 block with slightly different parameters (different colored rectangles behind the images)”
  • " want to shuffle those two routines so that they mix the two inputs together within the block"
  • “the fixation crosses are jittered at different times so I wouldn’t know when to set the start time of the image with a different background”

Think “could a person understand and be able to suggest how to implement my task, knowing nothing other than what I have described to them”?