What are you trying to achieve?:
- Randomized blue/orange circles
- Upon keypress, will expand to larger circle (must stay same color). This expansion must be smooth and take frame rate into account.
- 5 orange/blue circles respectively, for a total of 10 trials. No color must repeat for more than 2 (consecutively).
What did you try to make it work?:
- Tried to do all this in coding first, but don’t have much experience with python and gave up. Now trying a mix of both builder and coder.
- I made an excel sheet with [-1,-1,1] (blue) and [1,0,-1] (orange) cells, set a polygon to 256 vertices and used the excel sheet to randomize fillColor. Nested 2 inner loops with this code (at beginning of experiment, although I tried all positions):
if(polygon.fillColor == ‘[-1,-1,1]’):
BLUE = 1
ORANGE = 0
BLUE = 0
ORANGE = 1
- For blue trial, I set nReps to BLUE and for orange trial, set nReps to ORANGE
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
- Circles only expand to a larger orange circle upon key press, even if blue. Seems like it isn’t checking the color. Thought this was bad positioning of code, but trying to change that didn’t work.
- Also don’t know how to make them expand smoothly. I believe its something to do with framerates, but unsure how to approach.
Any help would be great! Thank you. I’m only a beginner.