Guide for the new counterbalancing routine?

Hi,
I´m quite new to Pavlovia. Somewhen in the last weeks my online experiment stopped working. Thanks to the forum I figured out that this was because of the survey component in Psychopy (participants start my experiment with a build in survey component, which did not end, thus stopped the real experiment to begin). Updating my version to now the newest version (v2024.1.1) helped, but now I got a new problem regarding counterbalancing. Before the newest version I was able to counterbalance my experiment by using the “older” counterbalancing function via the shelf. This function does not work any longer and thus, I would like to use the new counterbalance routine. As I am quite new to Pavlovia I don’t really know how to do this. Is there maybe a guide on how to use this new function, or does someone already have experience with it?

Url: emotion_recognition_task [PsychoPy]
I found out that I can counterbalance my online experiment with the tool develope by Wakefield Morys Carter (if you read this: thank you very much). Before that I used the shelf with “my_groups” as key and code regarding to this in my experiment. I deleted both as I don t need them anyl onger in my newer version. Interestingly I get following message:
and the experiment doesn’t start.
But after cleared my cache it suddenly worked. I suspect that participants who tried to open the older version cannot open the newer version, but I don’t understand why and how this is related to the browser cache. Does somebody have an idea?

1 Like

When developing experiments online I either reload with Ctrl-Shift-R in Chrome or use an incognito tab to view the latest version of the experiment.

If you have participants who have seen an earlier version, I would recommend asking them to use an incognito tab.