Hello, I am building an experiment that teaches English Vocabulary based on words participants select as unknown, I am having trouble using the selected words, thank you in advance for your time and help.
- Participants are shown a list of words and click whether or not they know the word on a slider. Once they select 100 (set to 5 for now), the wordSelection routine ends, with the selected words saved in Learning_Set. The code for this part:
Begin Experiment: Learning_Set =  Begin Routine: if trials_wordSelection.thisN == 0: number_select = 0 End Routine: WordResponse = ratingWordSelection.getRating() if WordResponse.lower() == "no": number_select = number_select + 1 if number_select == 1: Learning_Set=[Word] else: Learning_Set.append(Word) if number_select == 5: trials_wordSelection.finished = True
- The next routine, I need to take this Learning_Set, create an ‘Active_Learning_Set’ by selecting 20 of the 100 words in the Learning_Set and display them randomly with multiple choice responses for translation.
- Once a word has been answered correctly three times it should be dropped/marked as learned and be replaced by another word from the Learning_Set. So a set of 20 ‘not learned words’ should be active at all times.
- A word answered incorrectly should be displayed again randomly after at least 3 other trials interval.
- Feedback ‘Correct’, ‘Incorrect’ will be displayed after each trial.
- A block will end after 40 trials.
- The next block should pick up where the previous one left off.
I have no idea how to access my Learning_Set in another routine, the above (2-7), will be the testing phase in which I need to access the Learning_Set, the testing phase is preceded by a similar practice round with only 5 trials. Aside from accessing the set, how can I make a subset behave as described above? The learning_set contains English word in the end, I would provide the testing phase loop with an excel file containing all of the words (including not selected words), the translation (correct answer) and alternative translations. I guess the core of my question is, how do I structure this?
Thank you so much in advance for any and all help in this. As a newby in this I am totally lost in how to proceed. Please let me know if I am not being clear enough on what I am trying to do.