Extract the Code of the Experiment

Hello everyone!

For my master thesis I created an online dot-probe experiment using the builder. In order for people to be able to replicate my findings I would love to put the code of my exact experiment in the appendix of my master thesis.
Because I am beginner in PsychoPy and have used the builder to create my experiment (with a few code components) I do not know how to “extract” the code of my experiment, so people could reuse it.

Is there a way to get the code of the experiment, so people could “copy and paste” it (with their own excel-sheets), which I can include in the appendix of my master thesis?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @alikigogou, I think a more elegant solution would be to either make the gitlab repository of your experiment public and put the link in your thesis, or upload the experiment to a public OSF repository and put this link in your thesis.

You could take the code from the .js file in your experiment folder, but this is not of much use to the average user. Better make the psyexp file available somewhere.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

@ajus thank you very much for your response!

I´ve tried to upload my experiment to a public OSF by creating a a project with the help of this website: Sharing data - OSF Support

Because I´ve never done this before, I’m unsure whether I did it correctly.

After I´ve created my project, I just copied the link above but I’m not sure if this is right: OSF | DOT-PROBE AUFGABE MISOPHONIE

Is that all I have to do and is this the same link I can just put in the Appendix of my master thesis?

Thank you so much in advance!

That should be fine. I followed your link and could see your project files on OSF.