Ethernet input while running psychopy

Hi, I am programming an experiment in which I need that psychopy receives input via ethernet (throught sockets) and also submits some ouput via ethernet. It seems to receive the input but then the experiment gets frozen as if psychopy is blocking the ethernet connection. Is this possible and is there any way to allow ethernet?
thanks in advance for any input on this!
best
david

hi,
do you have any input on this please? basically, this is for a neurofeedback study…one PC analyses the brain activity and sends a signal to the PC for stimulus presentation. The 2 PCs communicate via a TCP IP address protocol. The problem is that once the analysis PC sends the signal to the Psychopy PC this gets frozen…do you have any idea why could this be?

thanks so much

david

Does the issue only occur when the ethernet is connected?

This thread also has some suggestions. What hardware are you using?

I don’t think there’s anything PsychoPy is doing here. PsychoPy doesn’t do anything to block sockets, nor to provide access to sockets other than you would get via the standard Python libraries. Any sockets code is presumably written by your own lab and my guess is that something’s wrong in that but it’s hard to guess what that can be without looking.

Sorry I can’t be of more help

hi, thanks for the prompt responses, it is useful to know that psychopy does not block sockets
best
david