Error with PsychPortAudio although it works in Psychtoolbox

Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to run a movie (using the builder) that is related to its audio component. The error itself has appeared here before, and points to a wrong combination of audio parameters (see below). What I find a bit peculiar is that if I open the same movie directly with Psychtoolbox, it identifies the (default) device appropriately and runs without problem. In addition, the sampling frequency 48000Hz and number of channels of the movie does correspond to the ones of the only enabled sound device.

I am using PsychoPy v2021.2.1 (pygame 1.9.6; PTB-INFO: Using modified PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision unknown) on a Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 20H2) and a Windows audio driver (10.0.19041.264 from 09/05/2020).

The Psychtoolbox version in which it works is ‘3.0.16’ running on Matlab 2019a.
When I run the command version = PsychPortAudio(‘Version’) I get the following information

version: ‘3.0.16.533633334’
major: 3
minor: 0
point: 16
build: 533633334
date: ‘Aug 7 2019’

Can you think about a reason why the same movie would run on Pscyhtoolbox but not on PychoPy when PTB is selected as the audio driver. Is there a way to update/choose which PsychPortAudio version to use on PsychPy?

Thank you very much in advance for any information!

Cheers,
Joana

ERROR MESSAGE

PTB-ERROR: Failed to open audio device -1. PortAudio reports this error: Invalid device

PTB-ERROR: Desired audio parameters likely unsupported by audio device.

PTB-ERROR: This could be, e.g., due to an unsupported combination of audio sample rate, audio channel count/allocation, or audio sample format.

Error in function Open: Usage error

Failed to open PortAudio audio device due to unsupported combination of audio parameters.

PsychPortAudio:Open: Usage:

pahandle = PsychPortAudio(‘Open’ [, deviceid][, mode][, reqlatencyclass][, freq][, channels][, buffersize][, suggestedLatency][, selectchannels][, specialFlags=0]);

PTB-ERROR: Failed to open audio device -1. PortAudio reports this error: Invalid device

PTB-ERROR: This could be, e.g., due to an unsupported combination of audio sample rate, audio channel count/allocation, or audio sample format.

Failed to open PortAudio audio device due to unsupported combination of audio parameters.

pahandle = PsychPortAudio(‘Open’ [, deviceid][, mode][, reqlatencyclass][, freq][, channels][, buffersize][, suggestedLatency][, selectchannels][, specialFlags=0]);