Error: Too many open files

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows7(32 bit)
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.90.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:

What are you trying to achieve?:

I am trying to play simultaneous video and audio clips as part of an experiment containing a total of 720 trials (72 per block). I ran a similar experiment successfully on a previous version of PsychoPy (1.83.04). However, now the experiment crashes after 2 blocks and gives the following error message:

IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: u’C:\Users\eeglab\Desktop\Ashley - Emotion\Program\data/test_A1_my_eeg_experiment_versionA1_2019_Jan_15_1254.psydat’
Error in sys.exitfunc:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\lib\atexit.py”, line 24, in _run_exitfuncs
func(*targs, **kargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\experiment.py”, line 366, in close
self.saveAsPickle(self.dataFileName)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\experiment.py”, line 351, in saveAsPickle
fileCollisionMethod=fileCollisionMethod) as f:
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy\tools\filetools.py”, line 149, in openOutputFile
f = codecs.open(fileName, mode=mode, encoding=encoding)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy2\lib\codecs.py”, line 896, in open
file = builtin.open(filename, mode, buffering)
IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: u’C:\Users\eeglab\Desktop\Ashley - Emotion\Program\data/test_A1_my_eeg_experiment_versionA1_2019_Jan_15_1254.psydat’

What did you try to make it work?:

I have run a ‘short’ version of the experiment (with only 50 trials, 5 per block) and it runs perfectly. It is only when I try to run the full version of the experiment that it fails.

I suppose that I could chop up my experiment into several mini experiments, but that would not be ideal. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations on how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks,
Ashley