Error in function KbQueueCreate: Incorrect argument type supplied

OS Win 10
PsychoPy version v2021.2.3

I have a trail making task which was working until my computer installed an update and now I’m getting the following error:

Error in function KbQueueCreate: Incorrect argument type supplied
Discrepancy between a specified and supplied argument:
Specified Argument Description:
direction: Input
position: 6
presence:
formats allowed:
unclassified
minimum M: 1
maximum M: 1
minimum N: 1
maximum N: 1
minimum P: 1
maximum P: 1
Provided Argument Description:
direction: Input
position: 6
presence: present
format: int32
number of dimensions: 0
M: 1
N: 1
P: 1
PsychHID:KbQueueCreate: Usage:

PsychHID(‘KbQueueCreate’, [deviceNumber][, keyFlags=all][, numValuators=0][, numSlots=10000][, flags=0][, windowHandle=0])

I’ve been digging around in the forum and found that it may be something to do with the version of Python but I cannot work out from the solutions provided how to fix this (I am admittedly not the most computer literate person). So is anyone please able to provide me with an idiot proof explanation of how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Just to clarify I am using a Windows standalone installation and all the instructions I can find are for those with psychtoolbox installed via Matlab. Am I going to have to install this in order to get Psychopy working? If anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Please could you show the your keyboard code or a screenshot of the most likely keyboard component to be causing the issue?

Thank you for your reply. I have no keyboard component in the experiment as it is a mouse response rather than key response. Is it likely to be in some part of the custom code?

Does this help?

Since you aren’t using Ubuntu

Unfortunately not, I did come across these when looking for an answer and the solution seems to be around changing the version of Psychoolbox however I am using the standalone Psychopy (I don’t have Psychtoolbox installed separately) and therefore can’t use this solution