Each microphone in any saves all recordings to its own folder

OS Win10:
PsychoPy version 2023.2.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) yes
What are you trying to achieve?:

I have a experiment that need to record five microphone recordings. What I did was creating five routines and added five microhpone components to each of them. What I expeced is that each microphone will only save its corresponding recording. However, under each microphone’s save path, I got 5 recordings, which means I get 25 recordings with 5 replicates.

I checked the compiled code and found that all microphone components refer to a same default microphone component, but when saving files, all created components save all recordings to its only folder, which caused the problem.

I’m just wondering if this issue can be addressed to save the computer space?

Thanks a lot!

Please could you show a screenshot of your flow? The above sentence states that you have 25 microphone components.

Yes, as the screenshot shows, I have five routines (stage1-5), and each of them has a microphone component. Each of the microphone will produce a folder to save recordings. At the end of the experiment, I got five folders, but each folder contains five recordings. (25 in total)

The code shows that all microphone refered to a same microphone defined at the beginning of the experiment, which means all defined microphone actually saves their own recordings to the same component. However, each defined microphone save all their recordings respectively to their save folders. That’s why all recordings will be saved 5 times.