Duration of Experiments

I ran an experiment on Pavlovia and all responses are recorded in csv files. As I want to compare the duration of each experiment run, I hope to retrieve the time each participant took to complete the whole experiment.

However, I have gone through all files, csv files and the log files, but I can’t find the duration.

Could anyone tell me where the duration is located? Thank you so much!

The csv file has the start time in its title but is last updated at the end (which you can check on Gitlab).

For example in this case the data file has 14:08 in its title and 1:23pm when I hover over the time since authorship. You have to think about time zones. Since an experiment can’t start after it finishes, in this case the duration must be 15 minutes.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help again. I would like to ask whether (i) the time in the title corresponds to the start time of the experiment and (ii) the time which is shown when you hover over the time since authorship corresponds to the end time of the experiment.

Thank you, wakercarter.

That is my understanding. However, I would recommend that you test it and report back.

I have checked it out. I think your understanding is right!

That is, (i) the time in the title corresponds to the start time of the experiment and (ii) the time which is shown when you hover over the time since authorship corresponds to the end time of the experiment.

Thank you wakecarter.

Is it the time when you load the page, or the time when the resources have downloaded and you click OK to start the experiment?

The time shown in the csv file’s title is the time at which I clicked OK.

1 Like