Data from Correct Response won't show in Excel

Hi there,

I am having trouble with Psychopy marking whether or not a participant got the answer correct. In the Excel column (AG), all of the responses are 0 and do not show if the participant answered correctly. I have a practice loop and a trial loop. The system marks the practice correct (X) but not the trial. I have attached all my files and a screenshot of the problem in Excel.

Thank you in advance for any help!

In frown
LearningWord_1.xlsx (9.7 KB) Practice.psyexp (30.4 KB) Practice.py (29.1 KB) Practice_Words.xlsx (8.7 KB) smile

1 Like

Here are the two feedback images, I am not sure if they posted in the OP

frown

smile

1 Like

If this is with the new 2021 version, then can confirm have seen the same/similar issue with it: internal correct response variable always = 0.

This particular case isn’t a version thing, it’s that you have the Keyboard component set to “store all keys” - meaning that the value of key_resp.keys is a list of strings rather than a string, so when it does the comparison it’s saying "is ['l'] equal to l", to which the answer is no because ['l'] is a list. To fix it you just need to set the Keyboard component to store “last key” and then delete the code component (as it duplicates what the Keyboard already does natively)

Hi there,

I am using version 2020.2.10, my apologies for not putting in OP

Your solution worked a treat, thank you very much!