Creating a dual tasking paradigm

OS (e.g. Win10): macOS Catalina 10.15.7
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:

I’m attempting to create an experiment for my thesis. The paradigm is as follows:

Two counterbalanced conditions.
In condition 1, participants will complete a belief reasoning task that includes images, audio, and key presses with response times. This will be followed by a finger tapping task that involves response times and key presses. The third task-- which is a dual tasking paradigm (the one I’m struggling with) involves a merging of the two tasks. Condition 2 is the exact same except the belief reasoning task is last instead of first.

What I need to happen is for the letters the participants are to press to be displayed in the upper left corner of the screen continuously. These letters should change after each participant response and response times should be recorded. While this is occurring, participants will be listening to audio and seeing a series of three images (from 0-2.5s, 2.5s-5s, and 5s-7.5s). When the last image is displayed, participants are to respond via key press. The problem is that all images and sounds that are displayed, change with the key presses for the finger tapping portion of the task. I need ONLY the letters that the participants are supposed to be continuously pressing to change until the very end when the last image of the belief reasoning task is displayed.

I’ve tried separating them into two different routines however, I have no idea how to get the two to run at the same time. Also, my knowledge of python is limited.

Another problem I’m having:

During the finger tapping task, participants are supposed to receive feedback on their accuracy. They must maintain at least 85% accuracy on this task. Furthermore, their response times from this task are supposed to be used to calculate the appropriate response times for the dual tasking task and tell participants to speed up/slow down based upon those times. The original task (Kane & Engle, 2000) has the color of the window change when participants are going too fast (yellow) or remain green when the key presses are fast enough. Additionally when participants responded incorrectly, they heard a 500ms tone and heard a series of tones when going too slow. I’d like to replicate this as closely as possible.

TL/DR:
I have limited Python coding experience and I need to know how to:

1. show participants their response times
  2. show participants their accuracy rates
  3. run two, separate tasks at the same time while their responses times and accuracy rates are recorded independently.

I’d greatly appreciate help or pointing in the right direction! Thanks!