Creating a "back button" to navigate between screens

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS Win 11
PsychoPy version 2021.2.3:
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Y
What are you trying to achieve?: I have an experiment which basically just several questionnaires one after the other. Each questionnaire is a series of questions. I desgined the expermient so that each questionnaire is a separate routine, and the questions themselves are each a single item in the conditions file of that routine. So for example, questionnaire #1 has a 50 item condition file that loops once, sequentially, through the items. The user answers the questions using a sliding scale presented at the bottom of the screen.
I now want to add a button that will allow the user to move back to the previous question in case they want to change their reply. So basically, to go up one row in the condition file.

What did you try to make it work?:
I tried implementing the code from this topic: ButtonStim, how to set clickable back, next, exit button together
However, when i click on the back button, it just skips the entire routine, and takes me to the next questionnaire instead of moving to the previous item on the conditions file

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Didn’t get an error message, the experiment runs, but the back button doesn’t do what it should be doing

What I do for this is preload the conditions into an array and then present the desired row from that in the main trials loop.

My Independent Randomisation demo does this.

but I now use code to preload as per my Trial Switching demo

A little different but this YouTube tutorial might be helpful: How to move forward and backward through slides in PsychoPy - YouTube

Thank you but I’m not sure I understand how to use this in order to allo the user to go back one row in the file…

Well that is helpful and easy to understand for a non coder like me, but if I’d like to also record the users response to each slide
so for example, on top of the image files of each slide I’ll also have a slider component, and everytime the user clicks on the slider I want to move one slide forward and record the response, and every time they hit “back” (or left arrow as in your example) I want to go to the revious slide and enable hte person to change their reply

Ahhh I see - you’de like to flcik back and forth between “routines” rather than images in a routine per say is that right?