Crash with simple visual stimuli

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS MacOS 10.14.6
PsychoPy version 3.1.5
**Standard Standalone? Y
**What are you trying to achieve?:

I am trying to set up a simple display where 4 squares move around with position updated every frame

What did you try to make it work?:

Created the objects and then set the positions per frame in custom code component.
Have the trial end either after a set time (3s) or after a condition is met (tried both separately to see whether this is the problem)

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
No error message. But what happens is that when I have a loop over the trial, the program freezes after a few loops through it. Might need to send the file to see if you can re-create the problem.
When I say freeze I mean I get the flying pizza wheel

You should post your custom code, along with a description of what it is intended to do.

HI Michael,

the mere suggestion of posting the code helped me to sort the issue out! :smiley:

I had several print commands to to help me debug earlier code of frame-by-frame stimulus updates.
Removing them to tidy the code up for posting solved the issue.
So, it seemed that having 2 print commands per frame just swamped the system after a while

Thanks for (unwittingly) helping to help myself!

Well spotted. Yes, those print statements for debugging need to be used very judiciously. They generally should be removed before running an experiment, most especially if they are running at that sort of rate.