Coder error when pasting eth and thorn

Not a particularly dire problem by any means, but just something I thought worth mentioning: When I try to paste the “eth” or “thorn” characters (i.e., ∂ and þ) into PsychoPy’s built-in coder I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/psychopy/app/coder/coder.py”, line 2649, in paste
foc.Paste()
File “/Applications/PsychoPy2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/psychopy/app/coder/coder.py”, line 1100, in Paste
self.ReplaceSelection(txt)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy2.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/wx/stc.py”, line 3639, in ReplaceSelection
return _stc.StyledTextCtrl_ReplaceSelection(*args, **kwargs)
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

(By contrast, when I type them in directly, it works fine.)

This is using standalone PsychoPy 1.85.2, on a MacBook Air running OSX 10.11.6.

We’re currently testing the next release of PsychoPy, including a version that supports Python3:

Note that this includes downloads for a Standalone that includes Py3.6 (labelled Py3) or Py2.7. The Py3 version certainly fixes your issue and I think it’s possible the standard (Py2.7) one does as well.

As I say, those releases are just for testing purposes right now, but hopefully they indicate good things to come soon!

Super; thanks for the heads-up!