OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2021.1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
- create a variable before experiment that defines text position and call it later for varies stimuli creation.
- create a variable in my loop excel that defines allowed keys per trial and call it in the stimuli input box
What did you try to make it work?:
- I tried coding component (but it gives error in terms of indexing problem)
txt_position = [0,0.2] #in txt component of the position box position$: txt_position
- I tried adding a column of response in the Excel with data saved as: [‘space’,‘1’]
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
- Text component: it will fail to create the stimuli and stop the experiment from running. It seems like it can’t be predefined?
- Keyboard component: set repeat doesn’t register the variable calling. It doesn’t seem to find/read/extract the information.
I think there are other ways round to make my experiment runs, but loving these two problem can really improve my development efficiency. I also read through couple posts related to these, none of the solution has worked so far.
Any advise is appreciated.