I am setting up a linux box (recent intel cpu+graphics) dedicated exclusively to PsychoPy and would like to know if any of you had any experience with different distributions and desktops. I know of Neurodebian, but if it is the best choice, which distro and desktop in deb-land should I use it with for:
- out of the box compatibility
- sound and video driver compatibility
- compatibility with the distro’s version of python
- compatibility with a specific desktop and its default settings (for example: slowdowns under wayland, vsync re/setting and variable refresh rates, framedrop, etc)
- if you recommend pip installing, do you recommend to do it in userspace, or as root? if root, why?
I should add that I normally use Fedora (KDE and Gnome), which is probably among the not so good choices for PsychoPy, judging from my past experience.
Thanks in advance,