After updating my PsychoPy to the latest (v2021.1.4), my experiment crashes

PsychoPy version: v2021.1.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) yes

My experiment worked fine on an older version (from about a year ago, don’t know exactly which one it was). After uninstalling the older version and installing the latest one, experiment crashes when encountering certain objects.

For example, after responding to a mouse-task, the participant is tasked witc clicking a small circle (regular polygon with 100 vertices) in the middle of the screen before proceeding (to restart the position of the mouse cursor). This part of the builder used to work in the older version, but now when that part of the experiment runs, after clicking the little circle, the experiment crashes with a message:

for obj in circle_white:
TypeError: 'Polygon' object is not iterable
##### Experiment ended. #####

Curiously, only some of the Routines are “infected” with this issue, even though some others also use images (though not polygons) and mouse components.

What did you try to make it work?:
Disabling the polygon component stops the error. Making a new polygon component doesn’t make a difference. Using an image changes the error to ‘ImageStim’ object is not iterable. Creating a new mouse component changes nothing.

Add a comma after circle_white in the clickable stimuli (mouse targets) to tell PsychoPy it’s a list.

1 Like

Thank you, works perfectly!