psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

After clicking one statement out of four one answer should pop up

Win10, v1.90.2

Hello :slight_smile: I am new to PsychoPy and I am trying to build an experiment in which the participant is told that they are chatting with another person about a number of topics. 4 statements have been formulated for each topic and the participant is told to choose one statement that fits the participant. Depending on which statement the participant clicks, the participant is going to get the fitting answer.

What I have done:
I have made the Excel sheet, in which the topics, Opening Statements (variables: OpenStat_a, OpenStat_b, OpenStat_c, OpenStat_d) and the Answers (variables: resp_a, resp_b, resp_c, resp_d) are specified. The topic and the 4 statements are displayed on the screen and you can click on the Opening Statements.

The problem:
If the OpeningStat_a_part is clicked then the resp_a should pop up, if the OpeningStat_b_part is clicked then the resp_b should be seen on the screen and so on. I am having trouble with the execution of having the fitting response show up after clicking one statement. So how do I tell PsychoPy that if the OpeningStat_a_part is clicked the participant should see the resp_a?

I looked it up online but unfortunately I didn’t find a solution.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

You just need to set up a code component that checks for a key press (or mouse click if that’s how they’re selecting) in the every frame tab and make an if/then statement saying if they clicked this key (aka if they chose this statement), then show this response.

1 Like