Uploading online error

I try to run it by pressing the green run key and then i get the following error:

What version of PsychoPy are you using?

I think its Psychopy3 2021.1.0.

I strongly recommend you upgrade (or downgrade) as per my crib sheet.

However, you could try deleting and recreating the JS only component. I’d you created it as auto and then switched it, perhaps it failed to remove the JS from the Python code.

Great I have switched to 2020.2.10 and it fixed the problem. Thank you so much.
Now it is running only but only up to a stage. After instructions are presented and it is the time to present the actual targets, i get this error:

*Now it is running online but only up to a stage

You may need to attach the images via Experiment Settings/Online

You mean something like this? I tried it this way but the problem still persists.

Are you using Ctrl Shift R to flush the cache?

I would start the path with the folder name rather than ./

Try without the folder name just in case that helps.

I think now i face a problem different from the others. So whatever change i do to the builder, it does not affect the experiment when i run it. So it seems like all the changes i make won’t make a different because the runner keeps running the same version of experiment which it was running before, without the changes i made. From a point onwards my changes stopped affecting the programme. Do you know why that could be?

Do you get a green icon when syncing?

Does it say three changed files?

Are the changes reflected on Gitlab?

Are you flushing the cache?

I mean when i run it on my pc. What do you mean flushing the cache?

When I try ti sync I do not get a notification for successful syncing in the runner window like I did previously. Instead I get this error message:

Alert 4305:Your component is currently disabled and will not be written to your experiment script.

Could it be because i downgraded from 2021.1.0 to 2020.2.10. I tried to go back to 2021.1.0 but not psychopy on my computer is completely unresponsive and when i press run i get a completely black screen and not even the esc button works.

What component is disabled?

I’m confused about whether you are primarily testing this online or locally. You’re right that the cache shouldn’t be an issue for local runs.

I don’t know if your downgrade caused an issue, but I wouldn’t go back to 2021.1.0 when you could choose 2021.1.4.

Now the primary problem is that whatever version i choose, when i play the run button to run it on my local computer, I get a white blank screen and not even esc works. I have to press alt+cmd+esc to break out of the experiment. Do you know why that could be?

Have you accidentally disabled the escape key in experiment settings?

Can you get it to sync?

The problem was fixed it was something to do with my computer so after some restarts and updates the programme runs perfectly. Your solution about putting the image in Experiment Settings/online also fixed the problem and now the experiment run smoothly online and on my pc.

Thank you so much for your help and advice.