Trouble syncing to Pavlovia: ‘[‘git’, ‘branch’, ‘—show-current’]’ returned non-zero

OS (e.g. Win10): Mac big Sur 11.2
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.1.0
**Standard Standalone? y

I am struggling with committing my changes when I am in builder mode and I receive the following error:

File

“/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1049, in getGitRoot

File “subprocess.pyc”, line 356, in check_output

File “subprocess.pyc”, line 438, in run

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘git’, ‘branch’, ‘—show-current’]’ returned non-zero exit status 129.

Based on advice from this thread: Psychopy on Big Sur on mac
I have removed userPrefs.cfg appData.cfg.

I’m not sure what to do but I think it started with trying to modify the conditions file according to group similarly to this thread: Problem Syncing with Pavlovia (Unable to create javascript)

However now if I make put it like it was previously a constant conditions file (not a variable) I still get the same traceback. I am in the process of forking and cloning the experiment on another machine to see if that works.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a day and half exploring the solutions that were within my knowledge of Pavlovia.

1 Like

also possibly related to Problems with syncing and uploading Psychopy experiments to Pavlovia after update to 2021.1.0

1 Like

yes and i received no replies yet

I am able to find the source files for the error messages when looking in the coder view. So I can access and inspect the code that is called builder.py and pavlovia.py etc. (where the errors are occurring) by looking in the source directory but I do not understand enough about how git works to know what it means.I hope someone with more knowledge than me can spot what connects all of these errors.

1 Like

Solution is in this thread: