Tobii Pro SDK on OS X 10.10

Hi,

I’m trying to use the Tobii Pro SDK for Python (tobii_research-1.7.0-cp36-cp36m-macosx_10_9_x86_64 downloaded from tobii-research · PyPI) to make my python script communicate with the Tobii T60 XL that we have in our lab. The environment is Python 3.6.1 on a mac OS X 10.10.

I’ve managed to import the tobiiresearch package in my script, however I get the following error message:

File “/Users/CDC/Documents/Experiments/BalintV/Epistema1_tobiiDG/tobii_research.py”, line 2, in
from tobiiresearch.interop import interop
File “/Users/CDC/Documents/Experiments/BalintV/Epistema1_tobiiDG/tobiiresearch/interop/interop.py”, line 11, in
from tobiiresearch.interop.python3 import tobii_research_interop
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/CDC/Documents/Experiments/BalintV/Epistema1_tobiiDG/tobiiresearch/interop/python3/tobii_research_interop.so, 2): Symbol not found: _clock_gettime
Referenced from: /Users/CDC/Documents/Experiments/BalintV/Epistema1_tobiiDG/tobiiresearch/interop/python3/tobii_research_interop.so (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Users/CDC/Documents/Experiments/BalintV/Epistema1_tobiiDG/tobiiresearch/interop/python3/tobii_research_interop.so

Is it the case that the SDK is not compatible with OS X 10.10?
If so, is there an earlier SDK that does not use _clock_gettime?
(Upgrading the mac in our lab is not possible right now due to other compatibility issues.)

Hi @balintv I think you’d need to ask Tobii support directly about this as it’s their (proprietary) driver and lib not ours.

I’m afraid you’re out of luck then: as far as I understand, _clock_gettime was introduced in macOS 10.12, so you will have to run this or a newer version.

Yes, eventually I used a PC. Thank you for your answers though. :slight_smile:

1 Like