The Posner experiment runs in Pavlovia, but locally Psychopy don´t

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Win 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) : y
What are you trying to achieve?: I´m just starting with Psychopy. I made the Posner experiment (Tutorial 1: How to make a Posner in PsychoPy (2020) - YouTube), but although it runs very well in Pavlovia, it does not run on my pc - the experiment stay very slow, without response.

What did you try to make it work?: I thought that I had done wrong - because nothing happened on pc - so I tried to update it in Pavlovia. And there the experiment worked.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: Nothing wrong, no errors. Just a lot of time to appear the image on the screen. When the image appears, I can´t do anything - it looks like freezing.

Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

Hi There,

Out of interest do you have any background processes running? online the resources are loaded at the start of the experiment (in the loading phase) so it takes barely any time for an image to load, locally the image is loaded from your computer - wondering if this might be the case?

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca,

I don´t know what is the problem with my computer. I understand that is a simple experiment, and it does not require so many resources from the computer. I done the installation of the Psychopy in another one - that has an Intel video board too - and the problem of the freezing screen did not happen.

I´m making more tests…

Thank for your attention and it was nice talking to you!

:slight_smile:

(post deleted by author)

Hello everyone,

I will share my solution.
I think that some video boards like Intel HD Graphics 4000 do not support Psychopy’s experiments. On the other hand, video boards like Intel Graphics 5500 support.
Thus, your experiments will not run if an old video board is installed on your computer.

Best regards!