Thanks in advance for any help.
OS: Windows 10:
PsychoPy version: 2020.1.3
What are you trying to achieve?:
I am looking to create a 3-minute Psychomotor Vigilance Task (PVT), whereby the stimulus is a fast ‘stopwatch’ kind of clock that presents itself on screen and participants must tap SPACE as soon as they see it.
- Participants press SPACE to start following instructions (completed this part)
- Have to wait a RANDOM amount of time for first stimulus (stopwatch)
- On each trial, stopwatch runs rapidly from 0 seconds e.g., 0.001, 0.002, 0.003
- Participant presses SPACE
- Time-between each stimulus = RANDOM; from 2 - 10 seconds.
- Each stimulus to last 500 milliseconds (i.e., clock to disappear on 0.5 seconds - a participants ‘missed’ message would be useful if I could please have help on this, I understand it might be incorporating ‘msg’ somewhere)
What did you try to make it work?:
For randomised time-between-stimuli:, in the Begin Routine and Each Frame sections, I have tried:
jitter = random() * (integer - integer) + integer jitter = round(jitter, 1)
ITIs = [2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0] shuffle(ITIs)
as the START time of the TEXT (milliseconds2) stimulus in
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
No error message but the stopwatch clock stimulus comes up every 2 seconds, and also starts from 2.0 each time.
Display = 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
Time-between-stimuli = 2 seconds every time
I have attached screenshots and recognise I am not particularly an expert in this so will try to provide as much detail as possible.