PsychoPy error: ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched

I try to run an experiment on PsychoPy using someone else’s code (I’ve synced it etc) and after I put in the participant # the experiment crashes and I get this error:

ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)

^I’ve seen forums of code to put in command line to help with this, but that hasn’t worked :frowning:

Hi There,

Looks like you are on a mac and might need to adjust the privacy settings to give psychopy permissions on your local desktop. If I remember correctly it is something along the lines of these settings https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/

Can you check that psychopy has been given permisisons in your settings? :slight_smile:

Becca

Hi Becca,

Thank you for your response! I did check my settings, and my settings were already set up to allow apps from downloads/developers users etc. I still have this issue… it wouldn’t be a Firewall issue right?

Hi There,

I don’t think this would be a firewall issue.

Are you running Catalina by any chance? I can see from a previous post you might need to ‘allow inputs’ Experiments crash using Mac OS Catalina

Please can I check if you still have this error still occurs if you ‘re-allow input access’ mentioned in the above thread?

Becca

I am unfortunately running into the same error :confused:

also, I am running Catalina

Hi,

I’ve had some students with this same error, running Mojave. Did either of you manage to find out a fix? :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Chris

No unfortunately :frowning: so I decided to build my experiment using Psytoolkit which has the IGT

Has there been a solution to this? i posted a similar thing here: Problem occurs in Mac but not on Windows 10. Routines after loop do not appear and experiment ends without error