Proceeding to the next trial without ending the routine

Hi,

I am currently creating a task that lasts for a certain period of time where there are two indicator lights (basically red and green circles) that turn on and off based on random times (in an excel file imported into a loop). When the green indicator light turns off, the participant must press ‘y’ to turn it back on. When the red indicator light turns on, the participant must press ‘x’ to turn it off. The issue I am having is that if I have either key press to force end the routine and proceed to the next trial (the next random presentation times in the excel sheet), it restarts both indicator lights in a new trial. How can I set it up to where both tasks are running a the same time and have the key presses restart the random presentation time independently for each indicator light without ending the routine?

Thank you!

Hi @Saylor,

I think this has to be done in code because if I understand you correctly you have two independent tasks that need two independent clocks. This is a rough sketch what this could look like. Let me know if you need clarification or help with developing this further.

trials.xlsx (8.6 KB)
circles.psyexp (13.4 KB)