psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Problem with file when trying to push experiment online

Description of the problem: I’ve been try to push my experiment online for hours now. Initially I had only one experiment with 6 condition files, which I called via the ‘group’ variable in the dialog box. This worked locally but not online. I know there is an option to work with this format online, however, I ended up deciding to just make 6 different versions of the experiment. The original file used to sync smoothly, with the exception of the scale, which did not appear. Later on, via the response to another post of mine, I realized I needed to replace it for a slider component. Now I am having issues pushing these versions online. I’ve tried deleting them from Pavlovia and re syncing unsuccessfully. An error message appears of " Failed to open /users/mercedes/desktop/List 1/Norming_lista_1_xp.js. Not a file". If I click on “ok”, it allows me to recreate a project, but I get a 403 message. I can see all the required documents are in there, but I don’t see any js created. I am pretty new to all of this so I don’t know where to go next. Any ideas?

Hi There,

If the JS file isn’t created it probably means something happened to stop the file compiling properly. Please can you share if there are any error messages in the “StdOut” section of your runner view?

Thanks,
Becca

Hi @Becca. Thank you for your reply. After running it locally, I get this message:

2021-09-24 08:28:00.790 python[99536:2882671] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/5g/z77m8rvx6ts7_fqmr4c64gsh0000gp/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.savedState
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “runpy.pyc”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
File “runpy.pyc”, line 85, in _run_code
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 255, in
compileScript(args.infile, args.version, args.outfile)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 247, in compileScript
_makeTarget(thisExp, outfile, targetOutput)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 219, in _makeTarget
script = thisExp.writeScript(outfile, target=targetOutput, modular=True)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/experiment/_experiment.py”, line 268, in writeScript
entry.writeInitCodeJS(script)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/experiment/routines/_base.py”, line 338, in writeInitCodeJS
thisCompon.writeInitCodeJS(buff)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/experiment/components/slider/init.py”, line 270, in writeInitCodeJS
stylesListJS = [sliderStyles[this] for this in stylesList]
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/experiment/components/slider/init.py”, line 270, in
stylesListJS = [sliderStyles[this] for this in stylesList]
KeyError: “[‘rating’]”
Welcome to PsychoPy3!
v2021.2.3
5918.8669 INFO /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/MacOS/python -m psychopy.scripts.psyexpCompile /Users/villalobos/Desktop/List 1/Norming_lista1_xp.psyexp -o /Users/villalobos/Desktop/List 1/Norming_lista1_xp.js -v latest
<Response [500]>
Generating PsychoPy script…

2021-09-24 08:28:44.851 python[99553:2883665] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/5g/z77m8rvx6ts7_fqmr4c64gsh0000gp/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.savedState

Running: /Users/villalobos/Desktop/List 1/Norming_lista1_xp_lastrun.py

5963.0998 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2020_12_21 16:42’]
5963.1420 INFO /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/MacOS/python -m psychopy.scripts.psyexpCompile /Users/villalobos/Desktop/List 1/Norming_lista1_xp.psyexp -o /Users/villalobos/Desktop/List 1/Norming_lista1_xp_lastrun.py -v latest
3.6687 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1920 1080], but screen is actually [1440, 900]. Using actual size
2021-09-24 08:28:50.614 python[99563:2884097] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/5g/z77m8rvx6ts7_fqmr4c64gsh0000gp/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.savedState

Experiment ended.

Hi, a little update: I changed the slider style and now I see a jp file has been created. When I try to pilot the study, it now shows the ‘initializing’ message, but never gets to the actual experiment.

Check the Browser console for error messages.

It’s working now, after modifying a couple of parameters. Thanks

1 Like