psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Pavlovia - all resources downloaded but experiment won't run?

Trying to run PsychPy experiment on Pavlovia - all goes well in the synchronisation process. But when running the experiment, instead of downloading the resources it instantly states ‘all resources downloaded.’ (see image). I then go onto click ‘OK’ but the experiment doesn’t even run.

o

Using MacOS PsychoPy v2020.1.2

Thank you in advance for your help.

:slight_smile:

Did you fill all the fields and clicked ok after?
What exactly happens when you click on OK after filling all the fields?

Hi, thank you for responding.

It does one of the following:

1. Nothing comes up but an excel sheet for the results is downloaded.
  2. This error message comes up:

"Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when uploading participant’s results for experiment: awiiisha/mrt
  • when saving data from a previously opened session on the server
  • unable to save data for an experiment that is not RUNNING

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer."

I’m sure it takes a while for the resources to download but this time it just says ‘all resourced downloaded.’ which is concerning.

Can you give any advice?

The resources download super fast, I don’t think that is the problem, plus the “all resources downloaded” is by default, is the horizontal bar that should be colored grey (and it appears white in your picture).

So what I understood is that you are able to click on OK, but when you do you find that error, is your experiment.

Assuming you correctly upload all the files, it seems that the problem is that the experiment is not in RUN mode.

Make sure that if you use the PILOT mode, your results are set to CSV file.
If you want to run the study, it should be in RUN mode, and you should assign credits.

Hi Laura,

Thanks again for responding.

I believe it’s the synchronisation that is going wrong. Even though it states ‘Success!’ when I go to Gitlab it has synced random files on my computer (?)

This also comes up (see image). I’m not sure why, do you?

I cannot know what happens as I do not know step by step how you upload your experiment (you must have missed a crucial step). I normally sign up on Pavlovia from the builder and synchronize from there.

I have found that sometimes some resources fail to upload during the sync but if I copy the resources to the local html/resources folder they get uploaded on the next sync.

That shouldn’t happen, all resources should upload when you sync. You could maybe clean your cache memory and then sync again form the builder, that should sync all the files to Gitlab.

Adding to this, the best way is to go to your browser settings and clear the cache. I believe Ctrl + F5 also refreshes the browser cache. I notice syncs don’t usually happen when the changes are very small, so this always solves the problem for me.