Luminosity and visual angle

Hi there,

Very new to coding :sweat_smile:

I am trying to present my stimulus against a white background (8.9 cd m−2) at the center of screen within arectangular area of 5.45◦ × 3.42◦ of visual angle.

Would anyone know how I could code this?

Thanks

Hi, could you specify more about what the issue(s) is/are that you’re encountering? There seem to be two independent aspects here (the brightness, which is more of a hardware than software thing), and the angular size, which should be straightforward, depending on your stimuli.

Hi,

I am using e-prime 2.0. I am creating an experiment related to attention so I am going to present threatening and non threatening words on the screen against a white background (8.9 cd m−2) at the center of screen within a rectangular area of 5.45◦ × 3.42◦ of visual angle.

Thanks for your reply, I thought it is possible to code for luminosity of the an object in my case the background.

I am not sure how code the visual angle bit. Help?

Hi, this is a forum for PsychoPy support so there probably isn’t the e-Prime expertise here that you need. Would suggest you try:

https://support.pstnet.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/201154907-E-Prime-User-Forum-General

1 Like

Thank you!