How to tell the correspondence between key presses and visual probes in one routine?

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.1.0
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y

Dear all,

I have a study where videos are displayed. When each video is playing, I would like to have a visual probe appear three times at random position and onset time. Participants are asked to press SPACE BAR whenever they spot the probe. The response time to each probe is the focal interest.

I have set up the routine as below. As you can see, I put all probes (the image components) in the same routine and used a custom code to generate random position and onset parameters. Then I have a keyboard component to record all key presses.

With the current setting, it saves all rt.
If I managed to react to all three probes, then it is easy to tell which rt corresponds to which probe. However, if I missed any probe, it can be hard to tell which probe I missed.
Is there anyway to fix this problem, preferably with Builder? I have no experience with coder…

Many thanks!

My thought here was that you could have three keyboard components, with the start time for each set to imageBulbx.STARTED (I think I’ve got that correct) and the duration condition to the STARTED of the next probe.

This is ingenious!
Thank you!

1 Like