How to have a pause between stimuli (in excel) rather than a pause in a loop

I have an excel sheet filled with words. I want to make a loop run through all of the words, but I want the loop to pause and wait for a response between each excel item. I am not sure how to do that.

So far I have tried:

I have a loop that looks like this:

Screenshot 2022-07-12 211117

The code for “Pause” is

if trials_Main.thisN != 50:
    continueRoutine = False

But this makes “Stimuli” go through all of the items in the excel sheet, and THEN check the number of reps, which I don’t want. I want it to pause and wait for a user response after every item in the excel sheet. Is this possible?

You don’t need any code for this. Just insert a keyboard component on your pause routine with a blank duration field (so it will wait until whenever a response occurs), and set it to “Force end of routine”.

The code snippet you are using is for another purpose (and sounds like it is doing what it should): it is designed to only run the pause routine after 51 trials (counting from 0), skipping it on every other trial. So just delete that code – it is working against what you want to achieve.

Oh wow, thank you so much, that was a very simple solution! I appreciate your answer!