psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

"Generating PsychoJS script..." never ends

Hi everyone,

I’m using a MacOS Mojave and Psychopy v3.2.3. The experiment, an auditory lexical decision task, would not upload. It is running well from my computer. I have some experience with psychopy, but this is my first attempt to run an experiment online.

Here are the details:

1. On Pavlovia, a project repository appears, but it is empty.
  2. On Builder, psychoPy output does’nt ever finish “Generating PsychoJS script…” - this message stays and nothing else occurs.
  3. I tried to upload a much easier experiment, just to make sure that it’s not a problem with a js code component. The same phenomenon reproduced, although the new “experiment” was merely an instructions page that ends with any key the user presses.

I’ve been searching for this problem here and found some similar issues, but not identical. Where should I look for the issue?

Thank you very much in advance,
Si

Hi @C_Berebi, if you are not getting error messages, then try the following:

• Open Coder view
  • Open your experiment in Builder
  • Compile the HTML
  • Check whether the output window in Coder contains any error messages

If you have any errors, please paste them here.

Thank you very much for the quick answer!
I get a warning message: “3716.6690 WARNING We found a repository at /Users/siberrebi but it doesn’t point to gitlab.pavlovia.org. You could create that as a remote to sync from PsychoPy.”

Update: It was a Git-related issue. I wasn’t able to really solve it, but when I uploaded the experiment from a different computer the problem didn’t reccur. Thanks again!