So I did some surgery on this. Some important notes:
I removed all of the repetitive routines and loops, and added an outer loop that selects your conditions files. On the loop settings I unchecked “Is trials” so that it won’t save data for those loops (I did the same for the “list” routine, since they only watch the words go by, but if you’re going to want to know what order they saw the words in, maybe you should check it.). This should make your experiment much easier to modify, since you won’t have to modify the same thing three times whenever you make a change.
Since the “scoreDict” is going to be different for each conditions file, I moved it to a place where it will be recreated every time a new conditions file is imported, this should solve the problem earlier of the problem never letting the user get to the next round (since it found words that had not been “learned”, and they never could be “learned”).
I also had removed some things that I think were from previous versions, and were now irrelevant, since the methods for entering text are now different. I removed the “inputText” variable (note the “Text” property of the block_1_text TextStim).
Take a little time to review it and understand how it works (particularly how the conditions files are selected, and how the scores of each item are updated), hopefully it suits your needs. Let us know when there is something you don’t understand.
abacad.psyexp (37.0 KB)
blocks.xlsx (4.4 KB)
wordList1.xlsx (4.4 KB)
wordList3.xlsx (4.4 KB)
wordList2.xlsx (4.4 KB)